How we’ll ensure the health and safety of delegates on our courses
We will implement the following measures to keep learners and trainers safe:
Before the course:
- We will ask anyone who is unwell with symptoms of Covid-19 to not attend the course. (Symptoms are; temperature 37.8c or greater, new persistent cough, loss or change to sense of smell or taste). Delegates should be prepared to have their temperature taken on arrival.
During the course:
- We encourage regular hand washing and provide alcohol-based hand sanitisers in each training room for regular use.
- The seating in our training rooms will be 2 metres apart to allow social distancing on arrival and throughout the day. Learner numbers on courses will be reduced to allow this, depending on room size. Breaks will also need to observe this requirement.
- Whenever reasonably practical, social distancing will be maintained except where absolutely necessary for training and assessment purposes.
- For sessions of training and assessment where it is necessary to come within 2 metres of other learners, related to a situation where a first aider may be expected to wear PPE in a real emergency, appropriate PPE will be worn.
- Face coverings will be required to be provided by each delegate and worn at the appropriate time when practical sessions require this.
- Gloves will be provided to each delegate for relevant practical sessions.
- Where necessary, group training will be done within the same small group to minimise the number of people with whom learners come into closer contact with.
- Where possible one manikin will be provided per delegate, where this is not possible and manikins are shared each manikin will be kept to the same small group of delegates throughout the course. All equipment will be cleaned regularly. Alcohol/sanitising wipes between each learner session will be used. This will prevent hand to surface/surface to hand contamination. This will be with medically graded wipes and as per Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
- For certain courses (assessment required) involving rescue breath training as part of CPR, resuscitation face shields will be provided to each delegate for a double failsafe to existing protective measures. On some courses this procedure will be demonstrated by the trainer but the delegate will not be required to undertake this element.
- Please note: To comply with some certificated qualification courses the assessment element involves practical aspects that have to be achieved to successfully complete the course and gain the qualification. Please speak to the trainer to avoid any anxiety with this.
- Before and after each practical session delegates will be requested to wash or sanitise their hands.
- Sorry, at present we will be unable to provide the usual refreshments and sweets our delegates have enjoyed on some of our courses. Therefore, each attendee should ensure they bring their own drinks and snacks to stay healthy, happy and hydrated!
After the course:
- Helping with Track & Trace – Any delegate must inform us if they develop Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days of attending the course.
We do hope the above offers confidence that we take your safety seriously and will risk assess each venue and course. We are all in this together.